Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Abusive Relationship (with my pole)



I spend all day looking forward to my date. When it's finally time, we play and I can't seem to stop climbing all over him. I have the time of my life. But every time I try to take it to the next level, I come home covered in bruises.

Yes, I am in an abusive relationship. With my pole.

One of my many pole kisses
Those of you who are polesessed like me know what it's like. Every time you master a new move, whether it's a fireman or an invert, you have a new bruise. You call them pole kisses like they are a token of love from the Pole Gods (Godesses?). You even show them off like they are trophies. You are proud of your bruises.

But then there the others. The poor, poor unenlightened ones. Those who aren't polesessed. They worry about you. How can you be getting hurt so much? "Believe me it's worth every second!" Is everything okay in your life? "No, no it's just from this new fitness class I'm taking." How can an exercise where you get bruises be one that's good for your body? "They aren't bruises they're pole kisses!"

Sheesh, being in love can be hard work. 

But don't give up. Show your pole kisses with pride. Brag about that fan kick you finally nailed. And maybe, one day, they'll understand. 





No comments:

Post a Comment